Travelers offers a wide variety of property and casualty insurance and surety products and services to businesses, organizations and individuals in the United States and in selected international markets. In addition, the company can meet insurance needs in more than 90 countries worldwide through our network of insurers. Products are distributed primarily through independent insurance agents and brokers. Our success is built upon our ability to provide innovative insurance and risk protection products and services in-synch with our customers’ needs.
- Personal Insurance offers a broad array of property and casualty insurance products for individuals. Products include automobile, homeowners, umbrella, condominium, tenant, flood, identity theft, valuable items, boat and yacht and wedding coverages.
- Business Insurance offers a broad array of property and casualty insurance products and services to its clients, which range from small “main street” businesses to Fortune® 100 corporations. Business Insurance is organized into marketing and underwriting groups focused on particular markets, industries or product lines.
- Financial, Professional & International Insurance includes the Bond & Financial Products business as well as International and Lloyd’s businesses. Bond & Financial Products provides surety, management liability, professional liability and crime coverages, primarily to U.S.-based businesses. Property and casualty products are marketed on an international basis through operations in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and Canada and at Lloyd’s of London.
Our focus is on helping our customers manage risk before a claim occurs — and responding with speed, professionalism and compassion when claims do happen. We have 13,000 trained Claim professionals located in 30 Claim field offices serving every state, as well as a self-contained dedicated Catastrophe Response Team that can move into a disaster area within hours. Our customers can report claims 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Market leadership and financial strength
- Travelers is No. 93 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest publicly-traded U.S. corporations.
- $21.6 billion in net written premium, $26 billion in total revenue and $115.2 billion in total assets in 2007
- Second-largest writer of commercial U.S. property casualty insurance1
- Second-largest writer of auto and homeowners insurance through independent agents2
- Products distributed primarily through over 12,000 independent agents throughout the United States
- Consistently high financial strength ratings
1Based on preliminary 2006 direct written premium, according to OneSource
2Based on 2006 direct written premium, according to A.M. Best
On a Mobile or tablet? Click Here.